First timer.

I am a 34 year old male with Asperger's syndrome. I've been "officially" diagnosed since I was 19 years old. The "professionals" now think I may have borderline personality disorder. Other than my parents, I have very little to no social interaction. General "life" frightens me. I don't seem to fit in. Anyone else feel the same??

Parents
  • Ferret said:

"I feel I am not a nice person and shouldn't be or deserve to be happy. I sort of feel guilty for being alive, and often wish I'd never been born."<---there is a why lurking in here. until it is understood, by you, it doesn't matter about anyone else understanding it, but until you do, you will, i suspect, struggle to come to terms with other ptsd issues. who told you you were not a nice person? are you going off the information you have sub-conscious processed and internalised? my suspicions lay here, with the internalisation. what terrible thing happens when you are happy? guilt is an external imposition upon a person by another person, it is a punishment - who gave you that? these questions i pose are not intended as demands for information but merely as reflective tools, like a mirror. you do not have to tell me. i don't need to know.

if our reflections are distorted then the image of ourselves is untrue.

Very very very much the case.

• Ferret said:

"I feel I am not a nice person and shouldn't be or deserve to be happy. I sort of feel guilty for being alive, and often wish I'd never been born."<---there is a why lurking in here. until it is understood, by you, it doesn't matter about anyone else understanding it, but until you do, you will, i suspect, struggle to come to terms with other ptsd issues. who told you you were not a nice person? are you going off the information you have sub-conscious processed and internalised? my suspicions lay here, with the internalisation. what terrible thing happens when you are happy? guilt is an external imposition upon a person by another person, it is a punishment - who gave you that? these questions i pose are not intended as demands for information but merely as reflective tools, like a mirror. you do not have to tell me. i don't need to know.

if our reflections are distorted then the image of ourselves is untrue.

Very very very much the case.

Children
No Data