First timer.

I am a 34 year old male with Asperger's syndrome. I've been "officially" diagnosed since I was 19 years old. The "professionals" now think I may have borderline personality disorder. Other than my parents, I have very little to no social interaction. General "life" frightens me. I don't seem to fit in. Anyone else feel the same??

Parents
  • Thank you for your replies. They have been good to read. I think/feel I have understood more in this part of the forum, than 15 or so years with the "professionals.

Probably the reason I put male in inverted commas is that I am or do not want to be like the typical male. Maybes that sounds strange. Things I'm interested in:- I like music, comedies' (mostly tv comedies' as my concentration isn't that good), the past few weeks or so I've been taken photographs and videos of nature kind of things (even though animals scare me , it's still more calming than been round humans).

"I hear voices (I mean actual voices...)"--->a combination of the autistic mind and it's ability to store/reply what it doesn't understand;

this part is interesting cos I dont think I've been told this by professionals'. Would this mean I could store conversations , good or bad, replay them and reply to them, whether on my own , in the town , either reply to them in my head or out loud, and they could potentially make my mood change in a flash. I feel I am not a nice person and shouldn't be or deserve to be happy. I sort of feel guilty for being alive, and often wish I'd never been born.

Thank you.........

• Thank you for your replies. They have been good to read. I think/feel I have understood more in this part of the forum, than 15 or so years with the "professionals.

Probably the reason I put male in inverted commas is that I am or do not want to be like the typical male. Maybes that sounds strange. Things I'm interested in:- I like music, comedies' (mostly tv comedies' as my concentration isn't that good), the past few weeks or so I've been taken photographs and videos of nature kind of things (even though animals scare me , it's still more calming than been round humans).

"I hear voices (I mean actual voices...)"--->a combination of the autistic mind and it's ability to store/reply what it doesn't understand;

this part is interesting cos I dont think I've been told this by professionals'. Would this mean I could store conversations , good or bad, replay them and reply to them, whether on my own , in the town , either reply to them in my head or out loud, and they could potentially make my mood change in a flash. I feel I am not a nice person and shouldn't be or deserve to be happy. I sort of feel guilty for being alive, and often wish I'd never been born.

Thank you.........

Children
No Data