First timer.

I am a 34 year old male with Asperger's syndrome. I've been "officially" diagnosed since I was 19 years old. The "professionals" now think I may have borderline personality disorder. Other than my parents, I have very little to no social interaction. General "life" frightens me. I don't seem to fit in. Anyone else feel the same??

Parents
  • To me, most of those symptoms seem to indicate a co-morbidity rather than AS itself.  Bipolarity sounds unlikely if you don't have euphoric moments.  In view of the guilt, sense of entrapment and triggers by certain words, I wonder about OCD or PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder).  Have you been assessed for those?

Depression (and its stablemate Anxiety) would of course be enough to account for most of those symptoms.  Are you treated for depression/anxiety, either by medication or CBT or other talking therapy?  A new form of CBT for people with autism and depression is currently been developed (I'm participating in the trial).  If you do receive medication, perhaps it would be worth asking for a review, if this hasn't been done recently?

Maybe someone else can offer a view?

• To me, most of those symptoms seem to indicate a co-morbidity rather than AS itself.  Bipolarity sounds unlikely if you don't have euphoric moments.  In view of the guilt, sense of entrapment and triggers by certain words, I wonder about OCD or PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder).  Have you been assessed for those?

Depression (and its stablemate Anxiety) would of course be enough to account for most of those symptoms.  Are you treated for depression/anxiety, either by medication or CBT or other talking therapy?  A new form of CBT for people with autism and depression is currently been developed (I'm participating in the trial).  If you do receive medication, perhaps it would be worth asking for a review, if this hasn't been done recently?

Maybe someone else can offer a view?

Children
No Data