New to here, daughter recently diagnosed with ASD age 15

Hi just saying hello and trying to find as much info on ASD and teenagers especially girls. Wondering if anyone else's daughter since hitting puberty during time of month abosultley rages, meltdowns. Daughter has mixed anxiety we are on waiting list 5 months to see a psycholgist re autism diagnosis. Any teenagers wih same issues would gladly appreciate help, thanks

Parents
  • hi Orlando , i'm new here too. my 13 yr old daughter is awaiting confirmation of ASD diagnosis after approx 15 months of investigation/assessment etc. She doesn't experience anger partcularly, more severe anxiety and meltdowns - especially around attending school. She is strugglng with school this week and it's hit and miss re whether she feels she can go, if she goes I am often called to collect her due to her distress. It's heartbreaking  to see her like this about school but there's no alternative, is this familiar to you?

• hi Orlando , i'm new here too. my 13 yr old daughter is awaiting confirmation of ASD diagnosis after approx 15 months of investigation/assessment etc. She doesn't experience anger partcularly, more severe anxiety and meltdowns - especially around attending school. She is strugglng with school this week and it's hit and miss re whether she feels she can go, if she goes I am often called to collect her due to her distress. It's heartbreaking  to see her like this about school but there's no alternative, is this familiar to you?

Children
No Data