Diagnosed today

Hello everyone! My youngest son (12) has finally been diagnosed today, 10 years after I first called my health visitor in tears. I know this isn't the end of the journey, and perhaps I should be sad, but I've always known and finally, FINALLY, this might mean that his mainstream school will take notice and provide adequate allowances for Jack's behaviour. So far, he has narrowly missed exclusion many times and was labelled a naughty boy (he also has ODD, possibly PDA, anxiety and dyslexia)

But just wanted to say hi to everyone and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Happy Otter X 

Parents
  • Hi my daughter is now nearly eighteen and 4 years ago knowing something was wrong and trying to tell doctors i thought it was Autism with no success and after a call from the police she was finally assessed and diagmosed with High Functioning Autism. With help from the local Cahms team and much perserverence she is doing well and hopes to go to University. She can do things other children or young adults cannot do, plays the drums, plays County Women's Cricket despite despraxia, cooks etc. Things are still difficult but take one day at a time. Two years ago my youngest son was diagnosed with ASD with short term memory loss and now goes to a special needs school, but leads a full and active life, also plays drums and a talented sportsman especially cricket. Today at 63 have been diagnosed with Asperger's while life has been difficult and much has now been explained, hand on heart i regret nothing, held down a job for 35 years, played sport, coached and played cricket all my life at a reasonably high level (still playing County sebiors cricket), been happily married for 21 years, basically i am saying never give up, anything is possible with guidance and peserverence and although there will be very hard times and you will sometimes feel the world is against you, your child will learn to manage the condition and prosper.

• Hi my daughter is now nearly eighteen and 4 years ago knowing something was wrong and trying to tell doctors i thought it was Autism with no success and after a call from the police she was finally assessed and diagmosed with High Functioning Autism. With help from the local Cahms team and much perserverence she is doing well and hopes to go to University. She can do things other children or young adults cannot do, plays the drums, plays County Women's Cricket despite despraxia, cooks etc. Things are still difficult but take one day at a time. Two years ago my youngest son was diagnosed with ASD with short term memory loss and now goes to a special needs school, but leads a full and active life, also plays drums and a talented sportsman especially cricket. Today at 63 have been diagnosed with Asperger's while life has been difficult and much has now been explained, hand on heart i regret nothing, held down a job for 35 years, played sport, coached and played cricket all my life at a reasonably high level (still playing County sebiors cricket), been happily married for 21 years, basically i am saying never give up, anything is possible with guidance and peserverence and although there will be very hard times and you will sometimes feel the world is against you, your child will learn to manage the condition and prosper.

Children
No Data