I'm new and desperate for help

Hi I'm a mum of 3 and I am loosing my mind, I don't really no where to start and explain why I am here.My 3 year old daughter is autistic However undiagnosed as of yet, my assessor keep putting her physiological testing back,  in one year I have had one consultation I am going out of my mind as I need the correct help.I don't know how to cope with it anymore she barely  sleeps,  (4-5 hours per night) if I'm lucky,  she pushes all boundaries which ain't too ridiculous,  she screams and cries if she cannot get her own way eg: taking away scissors or acting on impulses that would seem dangerous to a normal person.  She has no sense of danger and bolts when my back is turned,  she will repeat words or sounds over and over again,  she hits me and is violent towards her siblings (8 and 1) I can't tell her off as she will just laugh at me not understanding what she is doing.This is just the tip of the iceburg and I'm struggling to understand how she ticks.... Please from a desperate mother how can I get a diagnosis quicker, the father has a better understanding as the paternal grandmother has autism and has grown up with it. I feel like a failure and need someone to talk to who would understand 

Parents
  • Hi Tired mummy,

First of all - you're not a failure.  You can't be blamed for struggling to understand a mindset that's wired differently from yours.  It's often a very difficult thing to understand and to cope with.  Autism is most often inherited, so it sounds as if it's come down the paternal grandmother's side.  Does the father exhibit any similar behaviours?

I can't offer much help, I'm afraid, in terms of getting a quicker diagnosis.  But I can suggest a book that might be helpful for you in your situation. There are cheap copies available (under a pound) on Amazon Marketplace.

Susan Senator - Making Peace With Autism

www.amazon.co.uk/.../1590303822

I wish you well.  I'm sure you'll get plenty of good help and advice from other people on the forum.

Tom

• Hi Tired mummy,

First of all - you're not a failure.  You can't be blamed for struggling to understand a mindset that's wired differently from yours.  It's often a very difficult thing to understand and to cope with.  Autism is most often inherited, so it sounds as if it's come down the paternal grandmother's side.  Does the father exhibit any similar behaviours?

I can't offer much help, I'm afraid, in terms of getting a quicker diagnosis.  But I can suggest a book that might be helpful for you in your situation. There are cheap copies available (under a pound) on Amazon Marketplace.

Susan Senator - Making Peace With Autism

www.amazon.co.uk/.../1590303822

I wish you well.  I'm sure you'll get plenty of good help and advice from other people on the forum.

Tom

Children
No Data