hello

Hello my name is Gary im 24 and last year i found out i had autistic spectrum disorder i am currently on anti depressants. I havent really spoken to anyone about autism and no one in my family has any clue what to say about it because im the first know member of the family with autism in any form. I just dont really know much about it and the doctor who diagnosed me didnt really have much to say. I had a bad life when it comes to other people and spent the most of my life avoiding people because of it. I thought it might be good to talk to people with autism to find out more about it.    

Parents
  • lostmyway said:

Hi PGK.

You know, I think (not that I have any special qualifications) that simply being able to get something 'down on paper' or talking to someone sort of 'purges' (if that's the right word) some of the crap that builds up in our mind and gives us a bit of relief, if only temporary.

So, keep talking to us and see if my theory really works.

It's a very sound theory.  It's certainly helped me.

We can feel inhibited about talking, because we don't think people will understand.

People on here will understand, though.  You're with your own kind here.

• lostmyway said:

Hi PGK.

You know, I think (not that I have any special qualifications) that simply being able to get something 'down on paper' or talking to someone sort of 'purges' (if that's the right word) some of the crap that builds up in our mind and gives us a bit of relief, if only temporary.

So, keep talking to us and see if my theory really works.

It's a very sound theory.  It's certainly helped me.

We can feel inhibited about talking, because we don't think people will understand.

People on here will understand, though.  You're with your own kind here.

Children
No Data