Hi new to all this

hi, I would just like to say hi to you all, I am a 55 year old lady, who is suspected to have Aspergers. It's been with me all my life I'm just beginning to learn why things have been the way they have and why life has been such a struggle? 

Parents
  • Hi Tabatha, Morgana and Blues,

I was finally diagnosed last year, at the age of 56.  It's helped me to make sense of my life at last - why I can't make friends, succeed in relationships, understand non-verbal communication, etc.

It hasn't all been positive, of course, because I often wonder how different my life might have been if I'd been diagnosed as a child.  But there it is.  I wouldn't change it now.  I've lived with it for too long!  I like being an 'outsider', in that sense.  When I see some of the things that seem to preoccupy other people, I'm glad to be me.

If you're all pressing ahead with trying to get a diagnosis, I wish you well.  Go for it!

Tom

• Hi Tabatha, Morgana and Blues,

I was finally diagnosed last year, at the age of 56.  It's helped me to make sense of my life at last - why I can't make friends, succeed in relationships, understand non-verbal communication, etc.

It hasn't all been positive, of course, because I often wonder how different my life might have been if I'd been diagnosed as a child.  But there it is.  I wouldn't change it now.  I've lived with it for too long!  I like being an 'outsider', in that sense.  When I see some of the things that seem to preoccupy other people, I'm glad to be me.

If you're all pressing ahead with trying to get a diagnosis, I wish you well.  Go for it!

Tom

Children
No Data