New member - Hi!

Hello all.

I've a 2 1/2 yr old daughter awaiting the ASD assessments. So far all we know is she is "likely to be on the autism spectrum". So much information out there I feel overwhelmed, confused and rather incompetent! Anyone else feel like this? 

Parents
  • My 3yr old daughter was diagnosed today with asd & it's both a relief to know we weren't imagining it but scary, daunting & upsetting!!! My whole life has been without a family member having a mental disability & now to find out my daughter does is almost heartbreaking as I'm so scared of what the future holds for her & the struggles we as a family will face. I get what you mean torious23 as we were also told that if she needs more speech therapy to get in contact with them & that they're also going to get the early years improvement advisor more involved but what I feel I need is someone to give me exact instructions, follow this, try this, read this article only, it is so overwhelming!!!! 

• My 3yr old daughter was diagnosed today with asd & it's both a relief to know we weren't imagining it but scary, daunting & upsetting!!! My whole life has been without a family member having a mental disability & now to find out my daughter does is almost heartbreaking as I'm so scared of what the future holds for her & the struggles we as a family will face. I get what you mean torious23 as we were also told that if she needs more speech therapy to get in contact with them & that they're also going to get the early years improvement advisor more involved but what I feel I need is someone to give me exact instructions, follow this, try this, read this article only, it is so overwhelming!!!! 

Children
No Data