ASD DIAGNOSIS

Hello All - This is my first Post.

I have just received formal diagnosis of asd. Although I was pretty certain, before the diagnosis, that the assessment would be positive it has thrown up lots of issues and created huge amounts of conflicting thoughts, anxiety within my already busy head.

Just wondered if anyone else experienced similar experiences following diagnosis ?

Regards

John

Parents
  • Thank you for your comments which are really helpful. I am and will think about everything very carefully. Yes - everything does now make sense. I have struggled all my life socially and I always tried my best to find a way to cope. I have major issues with Alcohol and for the past 20 years have received treatment for this and the Anxiety, depression. Because of the destruction caused by Alcohol, everyone hs been focussing on this solely. I always knew that this was not Primary issue but could not explain things. I have struggled all my life with Identity issues and really have no idea who John really is. I really only had that Eureaka moment last year and I knew instantly that it was important.I started to read about others life stories and experiences and could for the very first time relate to Lots of things , traits, behaviours that I had locked away deep inside myself - things that I would never openly admit to anyone else for fear of ridicule and to be thought of as retarded or slow.

I will give myself time to let things sink in.

Reading your thoughts and views and others on here is tremendously comforting.

Thank you

John

• Thank you for your comments which are really helpful. I am and will think about everything very carefully. Yes - everything does now make sense. I have struggled all my life socially and I always tried my best to find a way to cope. I have major issues with Alcohol and for the past 20 years have received treatment for this and the Anxiety, depression. Because of the destruction caused by Alcohol, everyone hs been focussing on this solely. I always knew that this was not Primary issue but could not explain things. I have struggled all my life with Identity issues and really have no idea who John really is. I really only had that Eureaka moment last year and I knew instantly that it was important.I started to read about others life stories and experiences and could for the very first time relate to Lots of things , traits, behaviours that I had locked away deep inside myself - things that I would never openly admit to anyone else for fear of ridicule and to be thought of as retarded or slow.

I will give myself time to let things sink in.

Reading your thoughts and views and others on here is tremendously comforting.

Thank you

John

Children
No Data