Hello

Hello there. My name is Marc. Upon a recent visit to my GP I was told that I probably had Aspergers and have now been refered to the waiting list to see a psychologist. I feel a little confused about this so started researching what it means and how it affects people.

Does anyone have any interesting links about Aspergers that they have found helpful?

Parents
  • Hi Marc, I have just read your post. My little boy has ASD & in my moments of worry, I console myself by watching/reading up on the myriad of sheer genius & talent that the AS/D community have contributed to this planet. Temple Grandin is an interesting/ inspiring person with AS, who has many books published on how she flourished, given her diagnosis ( In USA in 1950s !!). I have also read ( Guardian, I think) that Paddy Considine had been diagnosed in his late 30s- one of my favourite actors. Perhaps that might help a little bit. Good luck to you & I hope your diagnosis is of great benefit to you in understanding.

• Hi Marc, I have just read your post. My little boy has ASD & in my moments of worry, I console myself by watching/reading up on the myriad of sheer genius & talent that the AS/D community have contributed to this planet. Temple Grandin is an interesting/ inspiring person with AS, who has many books published on how she flourished, given her diagnosis ( In USA in 1950s !!). I have also read ( Guardian, I think) that Paddy Considine had been diagnosed in his late 30s- one of my favourite actors. Perhaps that might help a little bit. Good luck to you & I hope your diagnosis is of great benefit to you in understanding.

Children
No Data