Hello

Hello there. My name is Marc. Upon a recent visit to my GP I was told that I probably had Aspergers and have now been refered to the waiting list to see a psychologist. I feel a little confused about this so started researching what it means and how it affects people.

Does anyone have any interesting links about Aspergers that they have found helpful?

• Hi Marc, I have just read your post. My little boy has ASD & in my moments of worry, I console myself by watching/reading up on the myriad of sheer genius & talent that the AS/D community have contributed to this planet. Temple Grandin is an interesting/ inspiring person with AS, who has many books published on how she flourished, given her diagnosis ( In USA in 1950s !!). I have also read ( Guardian, I think) that Paddy Considine had been diagnosed in his late 30s- one of my favourite actors. Perhaps that might help a little bit. Good luck to you & I hope your diagnosis is of great benefit to you in understanding.

• Hi Marc, I have just read your post. My little boy has ASD & in my moments of worry, I console myself by watching/reading up on the myriad of sheer genius & talent that the AS/D community have contributed to this planet. Temple Grandin is an interesting/ inspiring person with AS, who has many books published on how she flourished, given her diagnosis ( In USA in 1950s !!). I have also read ( Guardian, I think) that Paddy Considine had been diagnosed in his late 30s- one of my favourite actors. Perhaps that might help a little bit. Good luck to you & I hope your diagnosis is of great benefit to you in understanding.

• Hi, I am new here. My son, 5, has ASD/ what was previously termed as Semantic PRAGMATIC disorder. I have used this term, as it best describes his condition. I am trying to find out as much about this specific condition as possible, but it seems tricky. The lady at the local Autism support group informed me that all people on the spectrum have varying degrees of SPD. I thought that people with Aspergers did not have language problems. If there are any people with SPD out there, I would love to hear from how to best help my son. Thankfully he is a very intelligent chap,with a love of maths & learning.Thanks

• Hi, I am new here. My son, 5, has ASD/ what was previously termed as Semantic PRAGMATIC disorder. I have used this term, as it best describes his condition. I am trying to find out as much about this specific condition as possible, but it seems tricky. The lady at the local Autism support group informed me that all people on the spectrum have varying degrees of SPD. I thought that people with Aspergers did not have language problems. If there are any people with SPD out there, I would love to hear from how to best help my son. Thankfully he is a very intelligent chap,with a love of maths & learning.Thanks