Reasonable Doubt?

Hello there, I have came to this forum in search of legitimate answers in regards to my daily life, just so you guys fully understand the story my doctor is currently in the process of writing me a refferal to the most suitable place to get this tested, Since I am now 19 it is hard to get tests out of school, at a young age I was diagnosed with dysgraphia a fine motor disorder i believe however i have recently been looking into asd and doing extensive unhealthy research and have came across a wide array of opinions on aspergers syndrome (Im sure you know what im talking about), anyway im really nervous for interview what if I am not diagnosed because I have got used to hiding symptoms? I am sure that this is what is the problem, does anyone happen to know what traits are absolutely necessary to identify someone on the spectrum because it seems to honestly describe me in social situations i get confused if 2 people talk to me at once i expierience what i believe to be sensory overload i feel like i am really attention seeking here but I really am looking for an answer... if you got this far thank you for paying attention give me your honest thoughts.

Parents
  • You don't help yourself if you keep comparing yourself to 'wrong' diagnoses. I get sick and tired of people intorducing these micro-names for different aspects of AS - dis this, dis that, this test, that test - none of them have any real meaning and none of them help, they just add to the mud in the water.

This isn't criticising you, by the way, far from it, I'm trying to say how frustrating it is to see people micro-disecting AS, and the effect it has on others. Remember, we belive whatever we're told, and this sort of stuff is often introduced by people with little understanding, and no NHS diagnosis.

Social anxiety disorder? Anxiety is core, social or otherwise, it needs no identifiable source.

Dysgraphia? A bit more involved, but I see educational standards as an equal possible explanation.

Misdiagnoses? I think most of us have had those, and the terrible harm that goes with them. Micro-names, what use?

Dumbing down. I've always felt I've had to do that due to having to deal with the dull creatures that are the average NTs around me. A concept that takes me three seconds seems to be beyond their capacity to grasp, it's no use using one word where they prefer to use three hundred and keep repeating them like they're trying to learn what they mean. Talking about Eastenders when I'm considering the global effects of bauxite extraction...

Your fear of not geting a diagnosis is easy to explain. Having anxiety attacks, sudden ones or just growing anxieties, is common and normal for us. There doesnt't HAVE to be an identifiable reason, in fact quite often the most you can say is 'I fear something huge and nasty coming, but I don't know where from'. It's fear itself, it gives us anxieties, it's just that sometimes there's a subject matter (in your case, about your diagnosis) and you think that that's it. Generaly, our life experience is that 'something' bad will happen, because it will - our condition seems to attract them, but the biggest fear is, of course, fear of the unknown, it's part of the condition. Hope I've explained that well enough?

Fear of looking daft? No need to be hard on yourself on here. You look anything but, to me, my friend. You look like a courageous person who is trying to make sense of who you are, and I respect the effort it is taking for you to get past your 'mental blocks' and say these things anyway. Good for you. I learned a maxim once, as an ab initio pilot. There are no stupid questions, but there are dead pilots who thought there were, so didn't ask. Consider.

Keep this up, and every landing you walk away from will be a good one.

• You don't help yourself if you keep comparing yourself to 'wrong' diagnoses. I get sick and tired of people intorducing these micro-names for different aspects of AS - dis this, dis that, this test, that test - none of them have any real meaning and none of them help, they just add to the mud in the water.

This isn't criticising you, by the way, far from it, I'm trying to say how frustrating it is to see people micro-disecting AS, and the effect it has on others. Remember, we belive whatever we're told, and this sort of stuff is often introduced by people with little understanding, and no NHS diagnosis.

Social anxiety disorder? Anxiety is core, social or otherwise, it needs no identifiable source.

Dysgraphia? A bit more involved, but I see educational standards as an equal possible explanation.

Misdiagnoses? I think most of us have had those, and the terrible harm that goes with them. Micro-names, what use?

Dumbing down. I've always felt I've had to do that due to having to deal with the dull creatures that are the average NTs around me. A concept that takes me three seconds seems to be beyond their capacity to grasp, it's no use using one word where they prefer to use three hundred and keep repeating them like they're trying to learn what they mean. Talking about Eastenders when I'm considering the global effects of bauxite extraction...

Your fear of not geting a diagnosis is easy to explain. Having anxiety attacks, sudden ones or just growing anxieties, is common and normal for us. There doesnt't HAVE to be an identifiable reason, in fact quite often the most you can say is 'I fear something huge and nasty coming, but I don't know where from'. It's fear itself, it gives us anxieties, it's just that sometimes there's a subject matter (in your case, about your diagnosis) and you think that that's it. Generaly, our life experience is that 'something' bad will happen, because it will - our condition seems to attract them, but the biggest fear is, of course, fear of the unknown, it's part of the condition. Hope I've explained that well enough?

Fear of looking daft? No need to be hard on yourself on here. You look anything but, to me, my friend. You look like a courageous person who is trying to make sense of who you are, and I respect the effort it is taking for you to get past your 'mental blocks' and say these things anyway. Good for you. I learned a maxim once, as an ab initio pilot. There are no stupid questions, but there are dead pilots who thought there were, so didn't ask. Consider.

Keep this up, and every landing you walk away from will be a good one.

Children
No Data