Newly diagnosed Asperger's. Early 30s female.

*waves* 

Hi all. 

Parents
  • I'm just wondering what kind of services would be helpful.

Here, there is a posibility to get someone over for 6 euros an hour who helps you put structures into place and help figure out systems to keep the house tidy. So a sort of coach who doesn't do the work but helps you see structures and systems to minimise anxiety and conserve energy.

Also for instance, I am frightened to cycle in town (which is a major disability here), so I am hoping to ask them to teach me cycle routes and strategies.

I haven't had my first appointment yet and there is a long waiting list.

I have never been able to hold down a full time job for long, because the stress makes me ill. So I am also hoping there will be a legal loophole to allow me to work part time. But that will be touch and go - because of austerity and that kind of stuff. But there is an organisation here who helps with the paperwork and contacting the right people. Which is good. Because I am useless and usually find out years to late that I have been missing out on this and that financially because I didn't know or forgot to open some letter here or there.

Reading what I'm writing, it makes it all seem worse than it is for me. Because I do have a degree and I should be able to do all this stuff. But somehow I don't.

I like your remark, Acoll, about remaining "Me".

I guess, for me understanding the stress stupid things cause, is the most enlightening. I never really understood why my body was panicking and feeling extreme stress, for stupid things, I thought I might/should rationally even enjoy.

• I'm just wondering what kind of services would be helpful.

Here, there is a posibility to get someone over for 6 euros an hour who helps you put structures into place and help figure out systems to keep the house tidy. So a sort of coach who doesn't do the work but helps you see structures and systems to minimise anxiety and conserve energy.

Also for instance, I am frightened to cycle in town (which is a major disability here), so I am hoping to ask them to teach me cycle routes and strategies.

I haven't had my first appointment yet and there is a long waiting list.

I have never been able to hold down a full time job for long, because the stress makes me ill. So I am also hoping there will be a legal loophole to allow me to work part time. But that will be touch and go - because of austerity and that kind of stuff. But there is an organisation here who helps with the paperwork and contacting the right people. Which is good. Because I am useless and usually find out years to late that I have been missing out on this and that financially because I didn't know or forgot to open some letter here or there.

Reading what I'm writing, it makes it all seem worse than it is for me. Because I do have a degree and I should be able to do all this stuff. But somehow I don't.

I like your remark, Acoll, about remaining "Me".

I guess, for me understanding the stress stupid things cause, is the most enlightening. I never really understood why my body was panicking and feeling extreme stress, for stupid things, I thought I might/should rationally even enjoy.

Children
No Data