Newly diagnosed Asperger's. Early 30s female.

*waves* 

Hi all. 

Parents
  • Jam_1 ️ said:

at least there's now a reason I have problems with life rather than being generally useless. 

That makes sense. :-) I don't quite dare tell everyone because I'm frightened about reactions. But certainly it is useful to know that there are reasons. And having a formal diagnosis makes it easier for yourself to accept it as truth. Even though I notice that I'm not the only one after diagnosis who keep wondering: "I hope it isn't a mistake and they won't change their mind". Also, a formal diagnosis opens doors to being helped.

• Jam_1 ️ said:

at least there's now a reason I have problems with life rather than being generally useless. 

That makes sense. :-) I don't quite dare tell everyone because I'm frightened about reactions. But certainly it is useful to know that there are reasons. And having a formal diagnosis makes it easier for yourself to accept it as truth. Even though I notice that I'm not the only one after diagnosis who keep wondering: "I hope it isn't a mistake and they won't change their mind". Also, a formal diagnosis opens doors to being helped.

Children
No Data