Hi Everyone, Undiagnosed Mid 30s Male.

Unsure where to begin i have a very specific questions i want advice with first please:

What are the pros and cons of getting an NHS autism diagnosis vs a private one?

I have been told today that private austism diagnosis cost bewteen £200 - £1000. Is this accurate pricing?

----

I went to the GP the other day, he was confused why i was asking for an autism test. To me it seems obvious.  Anyway i have to go back when hes done some research.  In the mean time im thinking i might just do it privately.  I would have more control wouldn't i? i would get a better service? the times could be how i want them? (more so)

Anyway, hey to all, this is strange posting here, i have suspected since around late 20s that i was ASD but i haven't had the need or been ready to face it full on i guess.

Parents
  • longman said:

NHS Choices has a page on this http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Autism/Pages/Diagnosisinadults.aspx

Show your GP this page and its links.

If he still cannot comprehend change your GP

I will include that link in my notes to him yes ty.  I dont like the confrontation tbh, maybe i should just go in and say it like it is? from the doctors point of view though he would be very annoyed with me if he geniunely thinks its unusual for adult to seek autism diagnosis.

Anyway its not like i was completely shut down, i just have to go back when he has done some research, is that not fair on me? (to me it doesn't feel fair but then again i would do)

• longman said:

NHS Choices has a page on this http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Autism/Pages/Diagnosisinadults.aspx

Show your GP this page and its links.

If he still cannot comprehend change your GP

I will include that link in my notes to him yes ty.  I dont like the confrontation tbh, maybe i should just go in and say it like it is? from the doctors point of view though he would be very annoyed with me if he geniunely thinks its unusual for adult to seek autism diagnosis.

Anyway its not like i was completely shut down, i just have to go back when he has done some research, is that not fair on me? (to me it doesn't feel fair but then again i would do)

Children
No Data