Fighting for my boy

Hi new to this and thought give it a go in order to try get my head round it all. My son is 4 and has been diagnosed in July with non verbal autism global development disorder and possibly adhd. My son should started to school in September but due to his development delay he is still in nursery till April. I am currently fighting the local authority to get full time support for my son as I want to try him in mainstream school.I am a single parent with a 60 hour a week job and tbh im on here as I'm trying to get rid of the feelings of guilt, grief and loss that I have felt since diagnosis. In all honesty I just want to be happy and accept my son is happy and that he just is following a different path to what I had in my head.

Parents
  • Hi Boo boo,

Welcome to the community! Hopefully you will find plenty of support and advice on here from people who are in the same situation Smile If you're ever struggling, it might be helpful to contact our helpline to speak to someone about your concerns. We also have a Parent2Parent service where you can speak to other parents.

I hope that this helps you but if not please don't hesitate to contact us so we can provide you with further support.

Sofie Mod

• Hi Boo boo,

Welcome to the community! Hopefully you will find plenty of support and advice on here from people who are in the same situation Smile If you're ever struggling, it might be helpful to contact our helpline to speak to someone about your concerns. We also have a Parent2Parent service where you can speak to other parents.

I hope that this helps you but if not please don't hesitate to contact us so we can provide you with further support.

Sofie Mod

Children
No Data