New diagnosis

Hi, I have just found out that I have had a diagnosis of ASD. It was diagnosed a year ago, but nobody told me until now. I feel very numb and shocked-although I wanted the diagnosis. Social settings are too complex. My son has ASD also. I 45 years old. Don't know were to go from here. Can anyone advice please?

Parents
  • Thank you Electra. I don't know what to do now. I'm not surprised just feel daft-I know it's silly to wait for a promised report for as long as a year, but I didn't know how long to wait. The psychiatrist told me to wait for his report. I felt sorry for the doctor. He just came out with it. What an idiot waiting on the post for a whole year. 

• Thank you Electra. I don't know what to do now. I'm not surprised just feel daft-I know it's silly to wait for a promised report for as long as a year, but I didn't know how long to wait. The psychiatrist told me to wait for his report. I felt sorry for the doctor. He just came out with it. What an idiot waiting on the post for a whole year. 

Children
No Data