seven years of hell

Hi there i have just been diagnosed with ASD and you could say my journey is one less travelled.

I feel i have been fighting ASD all my life as a early diagnosis was never made. i never got that opportunity.I often wondered why something was never right.

my first year lead me to loosing my job due to ASD, i was already depressed and anxious but it lead to further depression,

my second year my doctor finally referred me to a physcologist which by the #

third year i was told i needed referring to learning diffuculties classes ,a whole year went by eventually leading to my fourth year they finally diagnosed me with dsylexia

i was sent for another years course to overcome this dsylexia in which at the end of this they told me they could no longer help me and i was referred back to my doctor

in the fifth year my doctor had exhausted all other avenues and i was referred to heathy minds. as i had already been to most of the institutions who offered help

in my sixth year my doctor finally referred me to a clinic for a ASD assesment .finally in my seventh year i was diagnosed with ASD and learning diffuculties.This lead to futher depression and anxiety which was linked to the ASD.

Now my doctor has referred me to a psychiatrist for them to get me the correct help i need.

I feel the best way to deal with ASD is to keep fighting it,  As it has given me strength

as my writing is somewhat lacking, i have had to beg someone to help me get this put in writing what i have been through.

and still my journey is now carrying on .

Parents
  • Well, I think that we all start out a little bit nervous, I know I did. Sometimes I can't write anything at all because it just seems to come out wrong. But I write when I feel OK to, and I don't worry about it if I can't, I can still read what people are talking about, so I still feel part of things.

It isn't always easy to find the words, I know, but what happens usually is that someone can work out what you're saying and will write back.

Another thing that happens is that we can say the wrong thing, even when we try to say the right thing. Don't worry about it. If anyone gets funny with you, there are plenty of nice people here who will look after you.

So, I think we just manage as best we can, same as everyone else I suppose

• Well, I think that we all start out a little bit nervous, I know I did. Sometimes I can't write anything at all because it just seems to come out wrong. But I write when I feel OK to, and I don't worry about it if I can't, I can still read what people are talking about, so I still feel part of things.

It isn't always easy to find the words, I know, but what happens usually is that someone can work out what you're saying and will write back.

Another thing that happens is that we can say the wrong thing, even when we try to say the right thing. Don't worry about it. If anyone gets funny with you, there are plenty of nice people here who will look after you.

So, I think we just manage as best we can, same as everyone else I suppose

Children
No Data