Hi very confused

Hi I am new to this forum and would like some info from anyone who can help, my son is now 13 years old we have known he's been different from about 2, for the past 7 years we have had referrals and tests galore to find out what his problems are but have always come back as nothing because he was behaving well in school, at home and out and about he was a very different person, he was violent,abusive,threw tantrums,he doesn't like change and hates me tidying his room,he has dyslexia and is a type 1 diabetic, the past year he has hated going to school because he says he doesn't understand any of the lessons and has started to be verbally abusive to the teachers and has also lashed out at them , he has had so much time of as getting him to go is a battle as he gets himself so upset he starts banging his head against the wall, his secondary school has now said there is a problem and bothe them and I have had to fill in more questionnaires waiting is a nightmare we have waited 7 years already and don't know how much more I can take I just want him to have the help he deserves .

Parents
  • well the good news is they have finally admitted my son has issues so is on the waiting list for assessments the only problem is we have been told it could be up to a 2 year waiting list (what a joke he will have finished school by then).

This morning he had a major melt down again as he was worrying about his History lesson as he has a new teacher , he punched and kicked me and threw a chair at me which has bruised me significantly ,these meltdowns are getting worse and more frequent and I don't know what to do , we are waiting to go on a couple of courses and early help have been involved but again it's just waiting I am worried that he is seriously going to hurt someone x

• well the good news is they have finally admitted my son has issues so is on the waiting list for assessments the only problem is we have been told it could be up to a 2 year waiting list (what a joke he will have finished school by then).

This morning he had a major melt down again as he was worrying about his History lesson as he has a new teacher , he punched and kicked me and threw a chair at me which has bruised me significantly ,these meltdowns are getting worse and more frequent and I don't know what to do , we are waiting to go on a couple of courses and early help have been involved but again it's just waiting I am worried that he is seriously going to hurt someone x

Children
No Data