Hi there

Hi everyone, My DD has just been diagnosed with Autism - Aspergers Syndrome, she also has ADHD and sensory processing issues, as well as hypermobility of her joints (8/9 on Beighton Scale), she is also an idiopathic tiptoe walker due to sensory issues and wears piedro boots. I am just looking for guidance ideas on what to do now, i have tried talking to school but as yet they do not seem to see a need to discuss matter. we are after ideas for coping at home as my hubby is struggling badly with it and to be fair we are all exhausted...
Parents
  • Hello there, my little girl has just turned 6. We have a parents evening tomorrow so I am going to try to speak to the school tomorrow. we have a meeting in 2 weeks to see the Early Support Care Co-ordination (ESCO) service to see what help we can get. We are waiting for another paediatric appointment to discuss treatment plans for the adhd as well as further testing for petit mal epilepsy so even though we have got someway to a diagnosis we still have a way to go. 

We are trying to create a sensory area for her but we are not sure what else to do as yet. I did send off the DLA form today, if we get anything it's a bonus but I am not holding out hope, would be nice to get a little bit to help get some things for her to help her relax

• Hello there, my little girl has just turned 6. We have a parents evening tomorrow so I am going to try to speak to the school tomorrow. we have a meeting in 2 weeks to see the Early Support Care Co-ordination (ESCO) service to see what help we can get. We are waiting for another paediatric appointment to discuss treatment plans for the adhd as well as further testing for petit mal epilepsy so even though we have got someway to a diagnosis we still have a way to go. 

We are trying to create a sensory area for her but we are not sure what else to do as yet. I did send off the DLA form today, if we get anything it's a bonus but I am not holding out hope, would be nice to get a little bit to help get some things for her to help her relax

Children
No Data