Hi to all

Hi everyone I am a new member to this site, I am a 28 year old farther to zak who is 2 and autistic, ptoud to be his dad and cherish every little quirk he has. Yes he can be a handful but he makes up for that with a smile and a laugh, would not have him any other way as its the quirks that distinguish him fot the amazing person he is and will become. Look forward to sharing and hearing everyone elses experiences.

Parents
  • Hi louayre

sounds pretty much the same as Zak he is 2 and half no vocalasation, does not make eye contact, lots of sensory issues, and he he also having speech therapy. He was at a play group but after a couple of attempts the senco worker said he not ready yet so now he has 1 on 1 with her till she thinks he is ready ro try again. Communication is very hard with him, been using pictures for past 6 months and seems the last 3/4 weeks he finally starting to get the hang of it. The meltdowns are the hardest thing to deal with, weekend before last he had 1 because of a toy he thought was his own 1 went home with my nephew took nearly 2 hours to calm him down in the end he cried himself to sleep. Thank you for sharing it's nice to know people are going through similar things and your child isn't the only one. its frustrating for us god knows how hard/frustrating it is for the little ones.

• Hi louayre

sounds pretty much the same as Zak he is 2 and half no vocalasation, does not make eye contact, lots of sensory issues, and he he also having speech therapy. He was at a play group but after a couple of attempts the senco worker said he not ready yet so now he has 1 on 1 with her till she thinks he is ready ro try again. Communication is very hard with him, been using pictures for past 6 months and seems the last 3/4 weeks he finally starting to get the hang of it. The meltdowns are the hardest thing to deal with, weekend before last he had 1 because of a toy he thought was his own 1 went home with my nephew took nearly 2 hours to calm him down in the end he cried himself to sleep. Thank you for sharing it's nice to know people are going through similar things and your child isn't the only one. its frustrating for us god knows how hard/frustrating it is for the little ones.

Children
No Data