New here

Hi, I'm a mum to 3 boys and today we have finally received an autism diagnosis for my eldest son who is 6. I'm feeling quite overwhelmed and doing lots of reading but I hope I can find out more from people who are living with it.

Parents
  • hi everyone,

I have just started reading emails on this forum, hope you are all doing well, second successive sunny day in London in some time!

Our 5 year old was diagnosed with ASD a year and half ago and as i see him helping himself to some cornflakes, i recalled our first visit to the doctor for a case of potential ASD, we had that same shattering feeling. But we have had a more enjoyable time than we feared we would and it has been because both parents and child have adapted. So, all the best, EmJ, it's a journey.

I had a query for the members of the forum - our son has an approved SEN statement, with SEN support provisioned at his state school. If we move to another Council area, will he have to go through a SEN evaluation again, for support to be provisioned? Is the Council obliged to provide support or can they take a call based on their budget? This is going to affect our house move plans so any advice, anecdotes from similar experience will be appreciated, thanks!

• hi everyone,

I have just started reading emails on this forum, hope you are all doing well, second successive sunny day in London in some time!

Our 5 year old was diagnosed with ASD a year and half ago and as i see him helping himself to some cornflakes, i recalled our first visit to the doctor for a case of potential ASD, we had that same shattering feeling. But we have had a more enjoyable time than we feared we would and it has been because both parents and child have adapted. So, all the best, EmJ, it's a journey.

I had a query for the members of the forum - our son has an approved SEN statement, with SEN support provisioned at his state school. If we move to another Council area, will he have to go through a SEN evaluation again, for support to be provisioned? Is the Council obliged to provide support or can they take a call based on their budget? This is going to affect our house move plans so any advice, anecdotes from similar experience will be appreciated, thanks!

Children
No Data