Hello im new i have 4 children my 3rd born has judt been dioganosed with autisun he is 15 and been in alot of trouble with the police . im not sure how this group works so any sugesyions would be appriciated .

• I had some treatment, many years ago, which included an element of anger management. It mainly involved diverting ones anger into a harmless activity such as punching a cushion or writing down how you feel and what revenge you might take, before destroying what you have written and putting the event behind you.

I find that walking away from the situation is the most successful strategy. I envisage myself as a volcano and when I feel I am approaching the point of erruption, I remove myself from the situation.

I have posted about this before, so you may find it if you wish, by searching for volcano.

An anger management course may offer ideas which appeal to you more.

Best wishes

• Hello, skodauser and everyone else!

I posted my first comment back in November last year. It was around that time that we had some plumbing problems to get sorted out. But anyway, thanks skodauser for your reply. I'll be sixty later this year! My husband has grown-up daughters, grand and great grandchildren. Unfortunately, they all live in Cambridgeshire and my family are even further North; so we don't have family near to us. Health issues now seem to get in the way of meeting up.

I read an interesting post on this site, recommending "Sarah Marshall - Women & Autism"? (think right or near name!) which I downloaded and am amazed just how many of the traits ring a lot of bells for me. Same goes for the video clips I viewed.

I know I have no hope of receiving an assessment for ASD, is it true it can take six hours???? that's what we were told.

I'm really glad winter is all but behind us now as I've been depressed through it all. Friends are trying to encourage me to get back to work in the garden. Gonna try to do this, this weekend. I feel so guilty when I buy plants - can't get out there - and they die. It doesn't always work to think, I've bought them, got to plant them. Managed to plant daffodil bulbs last autumn, it's nice to see quite a few of them have flowered (amongst the new weeds!) as I go up an down the garden path!! 

• Hi spectacledbear,

I too am in my late fifties, sixty next year; I am married with two adult daughters.  I too have suffered from depression since puberty and high anxiety levels since I was a toddler, possibly earlier still.

I too have had anger issues all my life but kept more in check nowadays with help from various medications prescribed for other anxiety associated issues.

I am undiagnosed with autism spectrum disorder as I know from regular contact with our surgery that they would be unwilling to fund this type of request. However I have been researching intensively for the last couple of years and am fairly convinced that I am on the spectrum. It has been a bitter pill to swallow but unsurprising as it explains all the issues I have had in the past and still have!

• Hi everyone,

I'm new to this website and I've never posted online before!! So I might slip up here & there. I'm in my late fifties, female, married but without children of my own, and unfortunately prone to depression & anxiety.

I have Seasonal Affective Disorder right now which kicked in at the end of September. I also have anger issues, has anyone completed an Anger Management Course, and was it helpful??? 

My hobbies are sududo puzzles, gardening, taking photographs & getting to grips with this computer!!!

I know I need some help, particularly with encouragement, motivation & inspiration. (My husband finds it difficult to help me with these things).

I'm undiagnosed with autism but the doctor said they thought it is quite possibly the case, however, I will not be offered an assessment.