Hello im new i have 4 children my 3rd born has judt been dioganosed with autisun he is 15 and been in alot of trouble with the police . im not sure how this group works so any sugesyions would be appriciated .

Parents
  • I had some treatment, many years ago, which included an element of anger management. It mainly involved diverting ones anger into a harmless activity such as punching a cushion or writing down how you feel and what revenge you might take, before destroying what you have written and putting the event behind you.

I find that walking away from the situation is the most successful strategy. I envisage myself as a volcano and when I feel I am approaching the point of erruption, I remove myself from the situation.

I have posted about this before, so you may find it if you wish, by searching for volcano.

An anger management course may offer ideas which appeal to you more.

Best wishes

• I had some treatment, many years ago, which included an element of anger management. It mainly involved diverting ones anger into a harmless activity such as punching a cushion or writing down how you feel and what revenge you might take, before destroying what you have written and putting the event behind you.

I find that walking away from the situation is the most successful strategy. I envisage myself as a volcano and when I feel I am approaching the point of erruption, I remove myself from the situation.

I have posted about this before, so you may find it if you wish, by searching for volcano.

An anger management course may offer ideas which appeal to you more.

Best wishes

Children
No Data