Hello im new i have 4 children my 3rd born has judt been dioganosed with autisun he is 15 and been in alot of trouble with the police . im not sure how this group works so any sugesyions would be appriciated .

Parents
  • Hello, skodauser and everyone else!

I posted my first comment back in November last year. It was around that time that we had some plumbing problems to get sorted out. But anyway, thanks skodauser for your reply. I'll be sixty later this year! My husband has grown-up daughters, grand and great grandchildren. Unfortunately, they all live in Cambridgeshire and my family are even further North; so we don't have family near to us. Health issues now seem to get in the way of meeting up.

I read an interesting post on this site, recommending "Sarah Marshall - Women & Autism"? (think right or near name!) which I downloaded and am amazed just how many of the traits ring a lot of bells for me. Same goes for the video clips I viewed.

I know I have no hope of receiving an assessment for ASD, is it true it can take six hours???? that's what we were told.

I'm really glad winter is all but behind us now as I've been depressed through it all. Friends are trying to encourage me to get back to work in the garden. Gonna try to do this, this weekend. I feel so guilty when I buy plants - can't get out there - and they die. It doesn't always work to think, I've bought them, got to plant them. Managed to plant daffodil bulbs last autumn, it's nice to see quite a few of them have flowered (amongst the new weeds!) as I go up an down the garden path!! 

• Hello, skodauser and everyone else!

I posted my first comment back in November last year. It was around that time that we had some plumbing problems to get sorted out. But anyway, thanks skodauser for your reply. I'll be sixty later this year! My husband has grown-up daughters, grand and great grandchildren. Unfortunately, they all live in Cambridgeshire and my family are even further North; so we don't have family near to us. Health issues now seem to get in the way of meeting up.

I read an interesting post on this site, recommending "Sarah Marshall - Women & Autism"? (think right or near name!) which I downloaded and am amazed just how many of the traits ring a lot of bells for me. Same goes for the video clips I viewed.

I know I have no hope of receiving an assessment for ASD, is it true it can take six hours???? that's what we were told.

I'm really glad winter is all but behind us now as I've been depressed through it all. Friends are trying to encourage me to get back to work in the garden. Gonna try to do this, this weekend. I feel so guilty when I buy plants - can't get out there - and they die. It doesn't always work to think, I've bought them, got to plant them. Managed to plant daffodil bulbs last autumn, it's nice to see quite a few of them have flowered (amongst the new weeds!) as I go up an down the garden path!! 

Children
No Data