Hi,

New to the site but looking forward to meeting new friends and learning a lot.

My little girl is in the process of being assessed but the consultant says she is 90% sure she is autistic and 10% going towards learning difficulties.

I am still learning a lot about autism as such a broad subject. Just happy to have found this forum to read that I am not the only parent going through it.

Look forward to hearing from anyone.Smile 

Parents
  • charliebrown said:

Hi,

My little girl is in the process of being assessed but the consultant says she is 90% sure she is autistic and 10% going towards learning difficulties.

I am still learning a lot about autism as such a broad subject. Just happy to have found this forum to read that I am not the only parent going through it.

I'm curious here. My daughter has a disorder (dyspraxia) and I believe that many of her issues are hereditary. I thought I had the same disorder for years but my doctor thinks I've got Asperger's. We went through Hell with our daughter. Sure, she has some limitations but is now training to be a schoolteacher.

I've never had any sort of official diagnosis and, approaching retirement age, my doctor thinks one might do me more harm than good but I knew I wasn't "neurotypical" from an early age.

I'm no expert but one thing I have learned is that we are all individuals and none of us conform to the many "popular" stereotypes. Few people tick all the boxes. At your daughter's age, it is hard to understand just what her capabilities are and exactly what her issues are. I wish you luck in your long journey ahead.

• charliebrown said:

Hi,

I'm curious here. My daughter has a disorder (dyspraxia) and I believe that many of her issues are hereditary. I thought I had the same disorder for years but my doctor thinks I've got Asperger's. We went through Hell with our daughter. Sure, she has some limitations but is now training to be a schoolteacher.

I've never had any sort of official diagnosis and, approaching retirement age, my doctor thinks one might do me more harm than good but I knew I wasn't "neurotypical" from an early age.

I'm no expert but one thing I have learned is that we are all individuals and none of us conform to the many "popular" stereotypes. Few people tick all the boxes. At your daughter's age, it is hard to understand just what her capabilities are and exactly what her issues are. I wish you luck in your long journey ahead.

Children
No Data