Hi,

New to the site but looking forward to meeting new friends and learning a lot.

My little girl is in the process of being assessed but the consultant says she is 90% sure she is autistic and 10% going towards learning difficulties.

I am still learning a lot about autism as such a broad subject. Just happy to have found this forum to read that I am not the only parent going through it.

Look forward to hearing from anyone.Smile 

Parents
  • Hi again Smile.   I have autistic adult son in supported living.  He didn't speak till he was 5, then said a 6 word phrase.  He understood short phrases/single words a long time prior to speaking.  He had gd speech therapy at school.  It was an autism specific school with small classes + a gd teacher/TA ratio : children in each class.  Like any child, parents can see where their strengths lie.  My son was practical + had a good sense of humour from an early age.  He also enjoyed his food except for a few things he's never liked - I suppose like the rest of us in that respect. 

• Hi again Smile.   I have autistic adult son in supported living.  He didn't speak till he was 5, then said a 6 word phrase.  He understood short phrases/single words a long time prior to speaking.  He had gd speech therapy at school.  It was an autism specific school with small classes + a gd teacher/TA ratio : children in each class.  Like any child, parents can see where their strengths lie.  My son was practical + had a good sense of humour from an early age.  He also enjoyed his food except for a few things he's never liked - I suppose like the rest of us in that respect. 

Children
No Data