Hi

Hello 

I'm new here , my name is Justin and I'm 49 , around 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Aspergers.  I had questioned wether I might be autistic after my wife got a diagnosis 2 yrs before me . I have always struggled with social interaction with others and prefer animals and nature., Since finding out I have developed OCD traits/ rituals and my anxiety is all time high , I have been on Fluoxetine for over 10yrs following bouts of depression but I have never been comfortable taking them and every now and then attempt to reduce them unsuccessfully.  These days I feel like an alien,  hollow shell , I understand  none and actually quite dislike people except for my wife and children,  and question if I'm from another planet as society is an enigma to me . Sorry for all this depressing stuff , does anyone else feel this way ? ?  When I was younger I was ignorant to the way I was and it's only being though ups and downs of life events that has triggered the way I am now and finally seeking a diagnosis,  I don't know if I done right or wrong labelling myself. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this , I just want to reach out . 

Justin 

Parents Reply
  • That's fine. A lot of other people here are techophobes too.

Anyway, welcome. You may find it helps to post on other threads and join in with other discussions. The front page changes so quickly, that sometimes (well, often!) the introduction posts are missed.

Children