Hello There

Hey there,

I just joined the NAS forum.

I was diagnosed when I was 3 years old. Whilst the help and support was put in place early on, I was diagnosed in the early 90s where there still wasn't a great deal of awareness. So I was taught to mask my traits as opposed to embracing them; so I didn't realise how much it effected me once I started living on my own and being in a job where I have to take the lead on things.

My interests include music, baking, exploring the outdoors, watching TV/films, playing video games, pole fitness and swimming.

I joined the forum to meet like minded individuals and find out more about the support that is available.

Take Care Heart️ 

Parents
  • Welcome ROSOLot!

I'm sure that you will find a lot of similarities with a lot of people here.

It is interesting to me as someone with a late diagnosis and masked all my life how you got a very early diagnosis and still masked.

Personally, I think masking is underrated with autistics. I think it is very useful. A bit like being fluent in a foreign language. Though it's super tiring.

Anyway, I hope to see you on other threads.

• Welcome ROSOLot!

I'm sure that you will find a lot of similarities with a lot of people here.

It is interesting to me as someone with a late diagnosis and masked all my life how you got a very early diagnosis and still masked.

Personally, I think masking is underrated with autistics. I think it is very useful. A bit like being fluent in a foreign language. Though it's super tiring.

Anyway, I hope to see you on other threads.

Children