Just want to talk

Hi,

I have been struggling with my mental health recently.
I was diagnosed with Autism 6 weeks ago and just diagnosed with ADHD as well 2 days ago.

I now find myself in a bit of a rut, I am struggling with my new job and not sure if I can stick at it but my family keeps telling me to stick it out.
I have so many thoughts and feelings just racing through me that I am struggling to keep up. I am making myself ill with so much anxiety.

I could really use a unrelated person to talk to for an open and honest conversation to hopefully feel somewhat normal again but I have no idea where to find it.

Parents
  • I know that feeling only too well.  I fought for benefits because my Anxiety would hit the roof with every job I had even when I stuck with it for a year at the most and a month at the least.

It's so hard to know what to do with so many thoughts racing through your mind.  I think at the very least, you could use a break to process your diagnosis and to find out if there's any services in your area to help support you with the feelings of being diagnosed.

I'm also aware that your family are probably trying their best to keep you motivated in a job but I share the same sentiments of Lizard Queen in that only you know what's best for you.  I know it doesn't seem that you are able to focus enough to know what's best but you could maybe compare how things are with your past experiences in jobs to see if it's similar?  Then logically you might be able to work out what's the next best move.

It sounds from your post that you need some time to process everything and then fingers crossed you can move forward with or without your current job.

Best of luck.

• I know that feeling only too well.  I fought for benefits because my Anxiety would hit the roof with every job I had even when I stuck with it for a year at the most and a month at the least.

It's so hard to know what to do with so many thoughts racing through your mind.  I think at the very least, you could use a break to process your diagnosis and to find out if there's any services in your area to help support you with the feelings of being diagnosed.

I'm also aware that your family are probably trying their best to keep you motivated in a job but I share the same sentiments of Lizard Queen in that only you know what's best for you.  I know it doesn't seem that you are able to focus enough to know what's best but you could maybe compare how things are with your past experiences in jobs to see if it's similar?  Then logically you might be able to work out what's the next best move.

It sounds from your post that you need some time to process everything and then fingers crossed you can move forward with or without your current job.

Best of luck.

Children
No Data