Right..here we go...erm...Is this thing on?

Hello!

A brief history:

Mediocre student with learning difficulties diagnosed with Dyspraxia aged 14 (1992)  - although back then it was called Apraxia.  

Did a lot better at University - came top of my class 1:1 (age 21)

Spool forward stay in education for a bit crash out training to be a teacher (age 28) - which on reflection  - wasn't the best career given how much I had struggled in school I had found a way to  engineer putt myself back into that environment.  "You do you B's backwards!" shall live long in the memory.  Not the best big brained decision I ever made. 

Unemployed for a bit - retrained in science.  

Came out as gay (age 29)

Got a job at a Research Biotech startup  (age 30) - been here for the last 13 years. (now Age 43)  I get made redundant on Friday along with everyone else.  But fear not  - I have found a new job starting next Tuesday!  

Last November I thought I might have ADHD so got tested and it was confirmed Moderate Inattentive ADHD  interestingly I was told I had flagged up several Autistic triggers as well so would I like to be tested for Autism as well.  "Sure" I said....

April 2024  - confirmed Autistic. 

So now I'm just trying to figure out what that means and what I do with that information.  At worst it's neutral  - I now know this about myself.  I suppose  the difficulty is explaining it to others when I don't fully grasp it myself. 

Other stuff.

I live by myself, have a few friends, enjoy computer games, gardening, and playing Dungeons and Dragons with my friends.