Hi

Hi. I’m Sarah Jane.  I recently turned 16 but this year my B-day was extra special because it was the day I was diagnosed with autism. I really love being autistic! I like how I can obsess over so many wonderful things. I see the world differently to other people, I express myself differently, I’m honest – sometimes to a fault – and I look way younger than I actually am. I really LOVE that LOL! ^^ It's led to a bit of bullying but I love my appearance. 

My fav thing is music. I love to listen to music, usually with my headphones in or in my room at night. It’s a great way of winding down after a long stressful day... I love so much different music it’s impossible to have a fav song. I’m a big fan of Taylor Swift but I also really love the much older but equally amazing David Bowie. Learned about him at school and I was just like WOW! Such a talented man, different in so many ways but it made him unique and he inspired so many different people of different generations. I learned he inspired Lady GaGa. Such a great artist.

I’m also in to Disney and writing. 2 of my other fav things. I love to watch Disney! I love to do creative writing... I also like singing and dancing. I think when I’m older I would LOVE to be a singer and dancer. I do both most days if I’ve got the energy and my throat isn’t too sore. I get a lot of anxiety and it causes me a really sore throat... so sometimes I’m practically mute LMAO. It means I can avoid talking to people as that makes me anxious. So it’s a win-win situation.

I’ve got to go and get ready for school now. But I’m hoping I’ll fit in here. No one around me knows much about autism and I can’t really be MYSELF which is why I joined up here. I did join a FB group but found it wasn’t what I was looking for in the end.

See you later...

Parents
  • Welcome

40 years old female from UK 

I volunteer with Estuary Ladies, where women of all ages can learn new skills, socialize, and take part in activities. There's no membership required, and it's open to all women. I enjoy arts and crafts, photography, reading, word puzzles, colouring, and listening to music on the BBC Sounds app. These activities bring me joy and I like to share them with others.

Tried several Facebook groups and got bit silly or very strict. This community forum is really good. I'd made friends on this site. 

• Welcome

40 years old female from UK 

I volunteer with Estuary Ladies, where women of all ages can learn new skills, socialize, and take part in activities. There's no membership required, and it's open to all women. I enjoy arts and crafts, photography, reading, word puzzles, colouring, and listening to music on the BBC Sounds app. These activities bring me joy and I like to share them with others.

Tried several Facebook groups and got bit silly or very strict. This community forum is really good. I'd made friends on this site. 

Children
No Data