Hi

Hi. I’m Sarah Jane.  I recently turned 16 but this year my B-day was extra special because it was the day I was diagnosed with autism. I really love being autistic! I like how I can obsess over so many wonderful things. I see the world differently to other people, I express myself differently, I’m honest – sometimes to a fault – and I look way younger than I actually am. I really LOVE that LOL! ^^ It's led to a bit of bullying but I love my appearance. 

My fav thing is music. I love to listen to music, usually with my headphones in or in my room at night. It’s a great way of winding down after a long stressful day... I love so much different music it’s impossible to have a fav song. I’m a big fan of Taylor Swift but I also really love the much older but equally amazing David Bowie. Learned about him at school and I was just like WOW! Such a talented man, different in so many ways but it made him unique and he inspired so many different people of different generations. I learned he inspired Lady GaGa. Such a great artist.

I’m also in to Disney and writing. 2 of my other fav things. I love to watch Disney! I love to do creative writing... I also like singing and dancing. I think when I’m older I would LOVE to be a singer and dancer. I do both most days if I’ve got the energy and my throat isn’t too sore. I get a lot of anxiety and it causes me a really sore throat... so sometimes I’m practically mute LMAO. It means I can avoid talking to people as that makes me anxious. So it’s a win-win situation.

I’ve got to go and get ready for school now. But I’m hoping I’ll fit in here. No one around me knows much about autism and I can’t really be MYSELF which is why I joined up here. I did join a FB group but found it wasn’t what I was looking for in the end.

See you later...

• Welcome

40 years old female from UK 

I volunteer with Estuary Ladies, where women of all ages can learn new skills, socialize, and take part in activities. There's no membership required, and it's open to all women. I enjoy arts and crafts, photography, reading, word puzzles, colouring, and listening to music on the BBC Sounds app. These activities bring me joy and I like to share them with others.

Tried several Facebook groups and got bit silly or very strict. This community forum is really good. I'd made friends on this site.