Struggling to live normal life with autism

Lately I’ve been feeling extremely down about my life,I don’t do much I just stay at home everyday and I wanted to make a change to better myself. I knew I probably wasn’t gonna manage it but I forced myself because it feels so sad not being able to do the things other people my age can do, I want to work I want to have friends but I can’t hold anything for long and I’m struggling to cope with entering adult hood with my autism. I feel so useless and like I can’t do anything so I back out of these job offers and opportunities because I end up having meltdowns and shutdown I’m really lost on what to do I can’t continue like this but I don’t know how to get the right support to help me live a normal life.

Parents
  • If you get out and mingle with the world, even if you don't really "feel" like it, you will encounter things that may attract and/ or repel you. GO out and see what's out there. You may find your niche.

If you stay apart from the world you will not be exposed to that which would bring you joy.

The rest you can just leave be, like at a buffet. It's like a buffet!

Try out out some new 'dishes', try on new kinds of experiences and situations.

There will be change, and that is no fun, but it's a gauntlet worth running to reach a richer, happier life.

<Oh and don't let anyone be the boss of you or tell you what you want. You decide and don't feel rushed or feel like you have to stick to one thing.> –not that I'm telling you what to do. ;-).

• If you get out and mingle with the world, even if you don't really "feel" like it, you will encounter things that may attract and/ or repel you. GO out and see what's out there. You may find your niche.

If you stay apart from the world you will not be exposed to that which would bring you joy.

The rest you can just leave be, like at a buffet. It's like a buffet!

Try out out some new 'dishes', try on new kinds of experiences and situations.

There will be change, and that is no fun, but it's a gauntlet worth running to reach a richer, happier life.

<Oh and don't let anyone be the boss of you or tell you what you want. You decide and don't feel rushed or feel like you have to stick to one thing.> –not that I'm telling you what to do. ;-).

Children
No Data