My autistic partner wants my adult sons to leave home..not sure how to handle a discussion without him losing his temper.

1. Hi everyone. I have joined the site as I am struggling with my autistic partner of 2.5 years. He has recently been increasingly obssessed with getting me to have my sons to leave home. He gets angry saying we should be alone and if things don't change he will leave. He moved in with us a couple of years ago and has time has gone on seems to be increasingly controlling and bad tempered. Is this typical behaviour or is it something else? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 
Parents Reply Children
  • Thank you both.. there was no discussion about this when moved in. I have spent a lot of time and energy getting him on his feet and supporting him after his mental breakdown from an abusive marriage.  His rx wife stole all his money and assets and financjally ruined him. I got him a full autism diagnosis and my sons have supported him emotionally and made him welcome.  My younger son is working hard on apprenticeship wages as he is training to be a plumber. My eldrest son dropped out of uni last year and had been battling an eating disorder and mental health. issues My partner hates him ..and thinks he is just lazy snd that there is nothing wro g with him.  He doesnt understand that recovery takes time and patience. 

He gets annoyed even if I have a cereal box out on the table and seems to veer from being  loving to having meltdowns and shutdowns. I feel like I am walking on eggshells all the time. It's like the poem ..when he's good he's very very good but then he's bad he is horrid. He is  genuinely very apologetic when he ses I am upset snd says he wants me to ge able to save money..which is logical so it makes it hard to argue that this is my sons home snd i am not being a pushover or being taken advantage of. I'm simply helping them both to get on their feet.