Reintroducing Myself and New Friends:)

Hello beautiful people,

I've decided to come back to this forum after having a years break from social media. Looking to find new friends and reconnect with old friends if they are still on here.

My hobbies and areas of interest are:

1950s, 1960s & 1970s fashion and collectables

Art, crochet and making clothes

Learning new languages French, Spanish, Japanese, British Sign Language and now Braille 

Listening to music and reading fantasy books

** What are your hobbies and interests? **

Parents
  • Welcome back Rubix :) 

I'm inula - I've been here maybe a year? Not exactly sure. I also crochet - I'm currently making a temperature blanket - it's already getting quite big. I didn't quite think it through when I started. By the end of the year I'm going to struggle to sit it on my knee when I'm working on it! 

I also enjoy listening to music. My favourite genre is new age and I particularly enjoy listening to Heilung and also classical music. 

What sort of fantasy books do you read? I used to be  an avid reader but these days I tend to listen to audio books. I like the Wheel of Time series and also the Outlander series and now and again I enjoy Brandon Sanderson books

I look forward to seeing your posts 

Inula

• Hi Inula, that's super cool. I've always wanted to crochet a temperature blanket. You blanket sounds huge lol. How many rows are you crocheting each day?

I enjoy reading a lot of different generes but my favourite genre is fantasy about witches, werewolves and vampires. I'm currently reading books by Chandelle Lavant and The Vampire Knitting Club by Nancy Warren on Kindle. I enjoyed the TV Series of the Wheel of Time but I've never read the book so I might add it to my list.

• Hi again Rubix - I've only watched a few episodes of the Wheel Of Time on TV. The show lacks the depth that the books have which isn't surprising. I listen to the books on audible and each one is around 40+ hours listening time. I can't remember how many books there are in total. Perhaps 12? 

My blanket will be huge when it's done. I think it's about 250 stitches wide(I might have accidentally increased or decreased some stitches along the way though!). I do one row a day - and then two rows in grey at the end of each month to make a clear marker between one month and the next. Once I've got a whole year of rows I'm going to edge it with the same grey I'm using to mark between the months so although I will stop adding rows at the end of December it will probably take me another couple of months to do the edging! 

It keeps me out of mischief though! 

• Tv shows usually lack the indepth nature of the books. Apart from Daisy Jones & The Six as I prefered the TV show to the book.

Oh wow the blanket sounds awesome. It will be a huge achievement when it's done. What colours have you used throughout the blanket?

• Tv shows usually lack the indepth nature of the books. Apart from Daisy Jones & The Six as I prefered the TV show to the book.

Oh wow the blanket sounds awesome. It will be a huge achievement when it's done. What colours have you used throughout the blanket?

Children
No Data