Reintroducing Myself and New Friends:)

Hello beautiful people,

I've decided to come back to this forum after having a years break from social media. Looking to find new friends and reconnect with old friends if they are still on here.

My hobbies and areas of interest are:

1950s, 1960s & 1970s fashion and collectables

Art, crochet and making clothes

Learning new languages French, Spanish, Japanese, British Sign Language and now Braille 

Listening to music and reading fantasy books

** What are your hobbies and interests? **

• Hello there, it is wonderful to meet you! I think your hobbies and interests are very cool! Learning several languages? That's awesome! Big ups to you! I'm also a big music fan and love some good books. I read part of my book every evening before bedtime. On the fiction side, I love sci-fi, fantasy, spy, alternative history. On the non-fiction side, I love the sciences (particularly physics), mathematics, history, anthropology, and politics.

My hobbies include reading, walking, cycling, cooking, board games (especially Scrabble), card games, and LEGO.

• What are some of your favourites?

• That's pretty cool how you were first introduced to motorbikes. Plus it's always great to have someone to share your passion with

• Those are great choices. I've read a few of those however now, thanks to you, I have a few more books to add to my reading list Grinning 

• Hi Aurumoon, that's a pretty cool idea with how you came up with your name Blush

• Hi there itsamybby03, nice to meet you too and thank you Blush

• Hello nice to meet you! You have some very nice interests there

• I can't pick just three individual books! Slight smile

So here are 3 books or series I have enjoyed from each category:

Science Fiction: Under the Dome by Stephen King, The Chronicles of Altor by Shawn Inmon, The Martian by Andy Weir.

Fantasy: The Middle Falls series by Shawn Inmon,, Mordant's Need (2 book series) by Stephen Donaldson, Angel of Camden series by Keith A Pearson.

Thrillers: The Bill Hodges trilogy by Stephen King, The One by John Marrs, Friend Request by Laura Marshall.

Romantic comedy: The strange appeal of Dougie Neal by Keith A Pearson, The Rosie project by Graeme Simsion, The Rise & Fall of Becky Sharp by Sarra Manning.

• I just grew up with them, my dad used to take me to Gp’s from age 6 and had my first motorbike from age 5. I have a lot of good memories from those days and now I take my dad to watch them still. 
    Your hobbies and interests sound great also…. Very creative. 

• You have a great range of hobbies. What spiked your interest with  motorbikes?

• Ooo nice! Im always looking for new books to read. What are your top 3 books?

• Tv shows usually lack the indepth nature of the books. Apart from Daisy Jones & The Six as I prefered the TV show to the book.

Oh wow the blanket sounds awesome. It will be a huge achievement when it's done. What colours have you used throughout the blanket?

• Hi there Rubix 

Nice to meet you. I have been on here for about 8-9 months so it’s still quite new to me. Not really figured out exactly what all my interests are but here are some.

Love motorcycles and any form of motorcycle racing, gaming, renovations and listening to audiobooks about neurodivergence. I have listened to more books in the last 8 months than I have read in my life up to that. I used to love graphic design a long time ago and used to draw storyboards but as I have not done this for such a long time I’ve lost my skill unfortunately.

I was involved in creative textiles at school and really enjoyed that, I did get teased a lot for being the only boy in the class. Would have loved to be involved in fashion. 

Welcome back

• Welcome back! I'm Aurumoon. My special interest is English and ELA, which means a lot of reading. My username came from a hyperfixation on the Wings of Fire book series. I created a character for myself and needed a name for her. So I used the Latin word for golden (aurum) and combined it with the name of my favorite WoF character (Moonwatcher- better known as Moon). I also love researching autism and ADHD (both of which I am). So that's me! Welcome back!

• I enjoy reading science fiction, fantasy, thrillers and romantic comedy.

• Hi again Rubix - I've only watched a few episodes of the Wheel Of Time on TV. The show lacks the depth that the books have which isn't surprising. I listen to the books on audible and each one is around 40+ hours listening time. I can't remember how many books there are in total. Perhaps 12? 

My blanket will be huge when it's done. I think it's about 250 stitches wide(I might have accidentally increased or decreased some stitches along the way though!). I do one row a day - and then two rows in grey at the end of each month to make a clear marker between one month and the next. Once I've got a whole year of rows I'm going to edge it with the same grey I'm using to mark between the months so although I will stop adding rows at the end of December it will probably take me another couple of months to do the edging! 

It keeps me out of mischief though! 

• Hi Inula, that's super cool. I've always wanted to crochet a temperature blanket. You blanket sounds huge lol. How many rows are you crocheting each day?

I enjoy reading a lot of different generes but my favourite genre is fantasy about witches, werewolves and vampires. I'm currently reading books by Chandelle Lavant and The Vampire Knitting Club by Nancy Warren on Kindle. I enjoyed the TV Series of the Wheel of Time but I've never read the book so I might add it to my list.

• Ummm in that case I may add learning Morse Code onto my list. Thanks Grin 

• Welcome back Rubix :) 

I'm inula - I've been here maybe a year? Not exactly sure. I also crochet - I'm currently making a temperature blanket - it's already getting quite big. I didn't quite think it through when I started. By the end of the year I'm going to struggle to sit it on my knee when I'm working on it! 

I also enjoy listening to music. My favourite genre is new age and I particularly enjoy listening to Heilung and also classical music. 

What sort of fantasy books do you read? I used to be  an avid reader but these days I tend to listen to audio books. I like the Wheel of Time series and also the Outlander series and now and again I enjoy Brandon Sanderson books

I look forward to seeing your posts 

Inula

• Morse code is fairly quick to learn since its just memorising the dots and dashes. Dont have to learn new words or grammar, etc