Hello

Hello I received my autism diagnosis today. After spending so much time feeling weird, constantly the odd one out, the girl who never fitted in with the other girls and doesn't really belong.

But it turns out I do belong with other autistic people. It's such a relief for me to finally know who I am and why I'm the way I am. I feel like I can finally breathe for the first time. 

It's a great feeling. I hope I never lose this feeling. 

When I was told earlier I thought I was going to cry but I never do because I don't think I can process emotions properly but that doesn't really bother me.

I know it's an autistic thing now so it doesn't really bother me like it would have yesterday.

This is such a good feeling.

Sorry for the long and weird intro!

Parents
  • Welcome, super-forum-name-chooser!.

I had rather a frustrating day today (boring, not tempted to share!), ...but your lovely post; explaining how great your own day was today: as you received your welcome diagnosis was lovely.  It has given me an excellent opportunity / reminder ...to just "park" my version of the day and to instead - enjoy your having enjoyed a really good day.  Thank you - that was just a very good (timely) read for me this evening.

• Welcome, super-forum-name-chooser!.

I had rather a frustrating day today (boring, not tempted to share!), ...but your lovely post; explaining how great your own day was today: as you received your welcome diagnosis was lovely.  It has given me an excellent opportunity / reminder ...to just "park" my version of the day and to instead - enjoy your having enjoyed a really good day.  Thank you - that was just a very good (timely) read for me this evening.

Children
No Data