Hello

Hello I received my autism diagnosis today. After spending so much time feeling weird, constantly the odd one out, the girl who never fitted in with the other girls and doesn't really belong.

But it turns out I do belong with other autistic people. It's such a relief for me to finally know who I am and why I'm the way I am. I feel like I can finally breathe for the first time. 

It's a great feeling. I hope I never lose this feeling. 

When I was told earlier I thought I was going to cry but I never do because I don't think I can process emotions properly but that doesn't really bother me.

I know it's an autistic thing now so it doesn't really bother me like it would have yesterday.

This is such a good feeling.

Sorry for the long and weird intro!

• Exactly. No need to ever feel shame or like you have to mask here. I'm so glad I found this siteBlush

• Yes! Alien among aliens does not feel alienated anymore Heart️ here we can share our real selves and our thoughts and problems without shame. 

• Hey, Fab (hope it's ok to call you that).. welcome to the online community. I hope you enjoy this forum.

• I don’t have diagnosis so far but I also feel here like I absolutely fit in and not like a weirdo anymore

That's so nice to hear. I'm glad you're accepted and fit in here.

• Welcome to the community! I don’t have diagnosis so far but I also feel here like I absolutely fit in and not like a weirdo anymore. That’s wonderful! Enjoy connecting to the community!

• hi pixyfox im southern brumby 4  and im new here and maby we can be friends also

• Welcome, super-forum-name-chooser!.

I had rather a frustrating day today (boring, not tempted to share!), ...but your lovely post; explaining how great your own day was today: as you received your welcome diagnosis was lovely.  It has given me an excellent opportunity / reminder ...to just "park" my version of the day and to instead - enjoy your having enjoyed a really good day.  Thank you - that was just a very good (timely) read for me this evening.

• Hello and welcome to the forum. 

I love your username! Slight smile

• Hello and welcome, may I call you Fab? (You can call me Pixie)

As an older female, I enjoy seeing young women joining this forum, and hearing their stories and experiences.

I didn't discover I was on the spectrum until I was in my early 50s, so I had decades of trying to live in a way that made me "fit in". But now I've learned to be more "me".

I am fascinated by the spectrum and how we are all different. For example, I can get overwhelmed by emotion and cry fairly easily (I wish I didn't) - although it's still not easy for me to identify / describe emotions. You said "this is such a good feeling" so you obviously feel stuff, but maybe like me you don't identify it much further than "good" or "bad". I don't really see the point in discussing "how I feel" in any more detail than that - I feel, therefore I am! Slight smile,

What are you interested in? I like reading, video games, researching autism and the differences between Autistic and Neurotypical people, and 80s music.

• Hello, thank you! That sounds great I love it! Smile

• Welcome! Maybe we refer to you as FASESI? Smiley