Stu here.

Hi. I'm Stu. 46. Got my diagnosis just over a week ago. ASD Level 1 and suspected ADHD. 

Feeling pretty resentful right now. Not had a fun life. My special interest is movies. My parents were very cruel about it. So was my brother. I don't want to talk about those people though. 

Wife is very supportive. My head is everywhere. Just don't know how to feel. 

So yeah. Here I am. 

Parents
  • Hi Stu, and welcome

I didn't discover I was on the spectrum until I was in my early fifties. I've had some years to adjust, and things are better for me now.I 'm glad you have a supportive partner - that has helped me too. We are not always born into our "true" family, sometimes we find them later in life.

Movies are not an unusual interest - what are your favourites?  I like sci-fi and comedy films best. One of my favourites is Ghostbusters - you may already know this, but Dan Ackroyd (who is on the spectrum) co-wrote it because his special interests were law enforcement and the supernatural.

I hope you find support from the forum.

• Hi Stu, and welcome

I didn't discover I was on the spectrum until I was in my early fifties. I've had some years to adjust, and things are better for me now.I 'm glad you have a supportive partner - that has helped me too. We are not always born into our "true" family, sometimes we find them later in life.

Movies are not an unusual interest - what are your favourites?  I like sci-fi and comedy films best. One of my favourites is Ghostbusters - you may already know this, but Dan Ackroyd (who is on the spectrum) co-wrote it because his special interests were law enforcement and the supernatural.

I hope you find support from the forum.

Children