Hello!

Hello!

How's it going?

I'm Catherine and I'm new here. I'm autistic, I was diagnosed when I was a toddler still. I'm finding life as an adult on the spectrum challenging now. It's frustrating when there's little to no support for us out there.

I've also got gastritis which is making things extra harder.

I'm lucky to have Nina though - my cat - she brightens me up and is my friend. I can talk to her, rest with her and everything is all right.

She was basking in the sun this afternoon.

I love animals, if I wasn't so ill and didn't have my mental struggles I would love to work with animals.

• I would love to see another pic of your blackie too!

• Hello Catherine. I love your cat photo. So cute. I am new here today. I have suffered with Crohn's disease since my early teens. Seems to be a link to autoimmune issues. I am awaiting assessment. Take care

• Hiya and welcome!

I haven't been on here for ages... hope you manage to find out how to reduce your gastritis. Lots of us have inflammation/autoimmune/allergies/histamine issues which mess up our digestive systems amongst other things... seems to go hand in hand with autism. 

At least you have your cat... and sunshine! None of that here in Somerset at the moment  ;)

Happy Easter. 

• Hello Catherine/Cathycat wonderful entry post. You nina looks very much like my Blackie, when he strikes that pose. 

I went to go find a picture to compare but surpringly enough I don't have one from that angle. but I'm gonna include a pic anyway..

• 5 stars for that cat!

I am allergic to cats, but I love them so. some times I'll take the hit and hang out with them anyway, rash be damned. I also love all animals - vegan (with some happy goat cheese).

I got an allergy tst to see what exactly I was allergic to and changed my diet after that. So things have improved with my gut. I still have to be vigilant while eating out.