Hello

Hello I'm AspieT. I was recently diagnosed with ASD and I'm still not really sure where to go from here like what to do next. It was very much "You're autistic....good luck!" I was hoping for some guidance but didn't get any so I feel sort of in it alone.

I get enjoyment from my hobbies. I like to be in nature, exploring all having fun.

I'm hoping being here will help me come to terms with my diagnosis.

Parents
  • After diagnosis, you kind of just get released into the wild and have to work things out yourself.....unless you have a therapist who works with these sorts of things to help you out. A post diagnosis autism councillor would be great......i dont think they exist but they should!

Good luck, there are lots of people here to help out though.

• After diagnosis, you kind of just get released into the wild and have to work things out yourself.....unless you have a therapist who works with these sorts of things to help you out. A post diagnosis autism councillor would be great......i dont think they exist but they should!

Good luck, there are lots of people here to help out though.

Children
  • Yeah released in to the wild is how it feels. I thought it would make me feel really good and like I belong but it's made me feel more lonely because I don't know who to turn to about it.

Though it's positive I found this community. I'm really glad I did.

I hope there will be professionals who understand autism in the end. It would be so useful if there was.

Thanks. If you ever need anything I'm always here to talk to.

How do you find being autistic?