Hi

I'm an 18 year old autistic girl who happens to be obsessed with Taylor Swift. She's my special interest....and she inspires me to sing too!!! I love music in general, I also like David Bowie, Elvis Presley, The Beautiful South, Tom Petty, Ed Sheeran and OMD to name a few!

I find music audibly appealing and interesting. When I hear music it makes me feel alive, like I'm in another world, floating through space. When I'm immersed in music I feel as if nothing can hurt me. I feel at my strongest.

Listening to music makes me so happy. And singing is the same. With both I feel completely free and at peace.

I also like creative writing, reading and swimming. At school I won three school swimming contests lol. I also have an interest in professional swimmers.

Parents
  • Hi there! I've never really listened to any of Taylor Swift's music it wouldn't be my type of thing, but great to hear she inspires you. Music is a fantastic release and very life-affirming. 

I'm a writer as well, you're right on that. Creativity is great for autism, it lets you take control of a project and express yourself. 

• She isn't for everyone for sure. I'm the only one in my family who likes her music :) but for me I sort of grew up with her and her music, and some of her songs were the only light available when I was mentally ill. Music carried me through the storms that hit me. It is a wonderful release and a fun thing to do.

Ooh cool! What kind of writing do you like to do? I love writing! I love everything about writing, especially the creative process, having an idea and then bringing it to life. I love that.

• I do a lot of blogging and write short stories, novels (if I have the time). Although I'm not trying to get published.

I go for humour mainly that's the style I like! It's good fun. Gives me lolz! How about you, what do you write about?

• I like to info dump about my interests. I've found I can talk about them for hours, if people will listen lol.

Ditto! Info dumping is encouraged and celebrated here!

• Absolutely, community and dedicated interests are so important!

Yes it's a good way of finding enjoyment and also a great way of expressing ourselves.

I like to info dump about my interests. I've found I can talk about them for hours, if people will listen lol.

Reply Children