Hello

Hello.

I've got an official diagnosis of autism. I'm not sure how I feel about it. The diagnosis didn't bring many answers or comfort, it's been a whirlwind and things aren't getting any easier.

One of my hobbies is singing. I like music. It makes me feel emotions, something I can't experience without music I've noticed. This is to do with my autism so my assessment report said.

Lately I've been feeling down. I find life with autism incredibly complex, it's hard and I worry about the future but I'm hoping joining an autistic community will help me deal with my problems and feel less alone.

Parents
  • Hello Chrom....I'm Numb.

Don't panic, nothing has changed.  You are still you......it has merely been "declared", by others, that you are you.

Confusing AF.....right!

I really like the fact that singing is core to your being.  That sounds frigging cool, to me.  Kinda reassuring?!

Welcome to this place...I hope you will find comfort and connection here.

See you in the threads

Kind regards

Number

• Hello Numb. Thanks for the welcome.

I suppose in a way I am numb... That's how it feels a lot of the time. I'm here, I exist, but I'm numb and still trying to work things out.

Confusing AF lol perfect terminology for this.

I can't put into words and express how much music means to me. I don't think I can say one single thing that I love about music...I love multiple things about music! I love how when it hits you there's no pain, just this wondrous magical feeling. I love how it flows through my body, like this energy. I love how I can feel happy, sad, positive, inspired by music... I love how certain songs bring back memories.

Classical music is my favourite genre of music. Especially instrumental. I love Richard Wagner, Johann Sebastian Bach, Mozart, Nadia Boulanger, Richard Strauss, Faure, Beethoven and many, many others.

I truly wish I could sing in the classical style...But my voice is more of a modern pop style.

This morning I've been listening to Air by Johann Sebastian Bach. I must be one of a few 18 year olds listening to this sort of music but I make no apology for it... Music touches my soul and it makes me feel alive.

Kinda reassuring sums it up well.

• Hello Numb. Thanks for the welcome.

I suppose in a way I am numb... That's how it feels a lot of the time. I'm here, I exist, but I'm numb and still trying to work things out.

Confusing AF lol perfect terminology for this.

I can't put into words and express how much music means to me. I don't think I can say one single thing that I love about music...I love multiple things about music! I love how when it hits you there's no pain, just this wondrous magical feeling. I love how it flows through my body, like this energy. I love how I can feel happy, sad, positive, inspired by music... I love how certain songs bring back memories.

Classical music is my favourite genre of music. Especially instrumental. I love Richard Wagner, Johann Sebastian Bach, Mozart, Nadia Boulanger, Richard Strauss, Faure, Beethoven and many, many others.

I truly wish I could sing in the classical style...But my voice is more of a modern pop style.

This morning I've been listening to Air by Johann Sebastian Bach. I must be one of a few 18 year olds listening to this sort of music but I make no apology for it... Music touches my soul and it makes me feel alive.

Kinda reassuring sums it up well.

Children
No Data