NT-ND marriage

Hello, I’d welcome advice on how to navigate a situation in my relationship. I’m NT married to spouse who’s realised he’s ND as part of the process of getting a diagnosis for one of our children. This seems to be awakening a lot of bitterness as spouse looks back on past through a different lens, and it often feels like a lot of resentment is projected on to me. I think we need to work all this through with a counsellor and have found someone with expertise and experience of working with ND clients. But I’m scared of suggesting - a) because spouse will think I’m evading responsibility for problems they attribute to my flaws, and b) because worry spouse will think I need them to change or aM rejecting them for being ND - I don’t and I’m not. I just need us to communicate better and to talk these difficult things through without a row. 

Parents
  • I think you are being very supportive and looking for a 3rd party to help is great for both of you.  Relationships are very difficult to navigate at the best of times but through ND into the mix and things become a lot harder.  

• I think you are being very supportive and looking for a 3rd party to help is great for both of you.  Relationships are very difficult to navigate at the best of times but through ND into the mix and things become a lot harder.  

Children
No Data