Hi, I'm new!

Hi, I've joined and decided to post as I'm having a hard time recently and a lot of things I usually suffer with have been made apparent they could be autistic traits, due to my ongoing research and training to better help and understand my autistic daughter. I've never thought of myself as autistic and there's only a few sort of parallels I can draw from my daughter. But stress about my job role changing is very daunting and suddenly I'm getting very weighed down with anxiety, racing thoughts like 50 different ones at the same time that I can't actually string a cohesive thought together. The days seem to just roll through as though I'm not there or actually noticed them. It's Erm uncomfortable, I quit nicotine a  couple of months ago and the rage has become worse and worse, it all seems to be just be piling on, and I have zero coping mechanisms other than drinking but I only allow myself that on a weekend and gaming as it let's me zone out and focus on one specific thing. Rereading this paragraph is scaring me actually writing this out loud, especially for others to read, I'm a private person.

I struggle with musical lyrics playing in my head permanently atm so when I'm trying to work it can be difficult to actually think of the task at hand.

Honestly any advice or helpful input would be lovely thank you! 

Parents
  • It sounds like overwhelm to me. Have you considered asking to be referred for an assessment? 

Packing in smoking may have affected you and contributed to how you are feeling. You have lost your "fix". Well done for doing it x

• It sounds like overwhelm to me. Have you considered asking to be referred for an assessment? 

Packing in smoking may have affected you and contributed to how you are feeling. You have lost your "fix". Well done for doing it x

Children
No Data