Hellooo

Hey, I'm Kitty.
I'm new here and I guess you could say I'm pretty new to my diagnosis of autism as I was diagnosed in 2020 but had long suspected I might be autistic in my early 20s.

I always had signs of autism when I was little, not that I realised it then of course but I never fit in and my whole life that's never changed which is why I've decided to join here as I'm hoping it will be a place I can be myself and hopefully will fit in.

Despite some of the issues autism brings I am really happy and proud to be autistic. It's difficult at times but I see a lot of positives in my life because of it. Like how passionate I am about my hobbies and interests. I lack social skills unfortunately but I like to think I'm a nice friendly person.

I find peace in music and lately I've been doing creative stuff from the comfort of my room. Oh and I've been binge watching One Foot In The Grave. I have a love of vintage TV series Sweat smile 

Nice to meet you! 

Parents
  • Hi Kitty!

Wow, One Foot in the Grave. I've not watched that in ages! It was an excellent depiction of a curmudgeonly old codger, though, brilliantly observed. We still have a lot of that these days! "Back in my day.... wheeeeeeze...."

What other shows do you like? Blackadder, Red Dwarf, and Bottom are faves of mine.

Good that you're proud of being ASD, it's much the same for me. My diagnosis was a great thing and it allows me to be myself. 

• I love One Foot In The Grave. When I first read about it I didn't think it would be that funny just following the life of an elderly man but it's actually hilarious! I laugh every time I watch it and I've got all of them on DVD now.

I love Blackadder as well! Relaxed️ I also love Porridge, One Foot In The Grave, The Sweeney, X Files and I've been watching Boon the last couple of weeks and I'm really liking that so far. I like watching stuff. It's relaxing and fun.

I'm really glad you have found your own diagnosis such a positive experience for you as well. I'm glad it's not just me who feels like this.

• Back in the day, Richard WIlson had a cameo on Father Ted (if you didn't know!). Also a very good show.

• Back in the day, Richard WIlson had a cameo on Father Ted (if you didn't know!). Also a very good show.

Children