Hi

Hi.

How's it going?

I'm autistic and my social skills leave a lot to be desired. I'm interested in science, the human body, medicine and diseases - I also like music, drawing, wildlife, photography, being out in nature and feeding ducks.

Finding life as an autistic adult challenging. I struggle with anxiety, personality disorder, depression and have found little support available. I'm lucky that my parents are supportive and help me when they can.

I think I'll end this here as it's not really much of an introduction and just highlights how bad at this I am.

Parents
  • Hi @Chromosome, I thought it was a great introduction. You are already doing much better than me, as I have not introduced myself, just sneaked into a few conversations.

Sounds like you have a good range of interests. I am jealous of the duck-feeding. The ones near me paddle away rapidly when they see any humans, which seems wise given the shopping trolley and beer cans in the water. I tend to do the same as them when I see people! One thing that always makes me smile is when I hear the geese squawking in the distance and then see them flying overhead. Never fails!

It is really positive that you have supportive parents. Hopefully you can receive further support here. I find it very helpful reading about the experiences of other people, as it assists in self-understanding and makes me feel less alone.

• Hi @Chromosome, I thought it was a great introduction. You are already doing much better than me, as I have not introduced myself, just sneaked into a few conversations.

Sounds like you have a good range of interests. I am jealous of the duck-feeding. The ones near me paddle away rapidly when they see any humans, which seems wise given the shopping trolley and beer cans in the water. I tend to do the same as them when I see people! One thing that always makes me smile is when I hear the geese squawking in the distance and then see them flying overhead. Never fails!

It is really positive that you have supportive parents. Hopefully you can receive further support here. I find it very helpful reading about the experiences of other people, as it assists in self-understanding and makes me feel less alone.

Children
No Data