Want to make friends or need help making friends?

Hello everyone,

I am Mark. I hope this message finds you all well. I want to connect with others who might be feeling the same way that I do. I am not sure if I am looking to make friends or create lasting connections. I sometimes wish I could talk to some one when I am in trouble. Someone maybe, could guide me? I would at least like to know what shouldn't do. Or maybe, just talk about things.

Perhaps we could talk about films. I almost never miss a movie in the cinemas. I'm just not really into tv shows and series. Its just I hate to stop in the middle, and I might end up binge-watching the whole thing and I have a really bad perception of time.

I like listening to music. I like Linkin Park, Led Zeppelin, Queen, AC/DC, ABBA, Deep Purple, Madonna, Tame Impala, etc. (please suggest me some artists, if you find similar songs interesting.) 

I take long nature walks, museums, parks. I like animals. I always go to a nearby park and feed squirrels, or ducks. 

I wouldn't say I don't like social interactions. I just don't like it when I don't know what to do. Or when people don't split the bill.( I know you are trying to be nice, but it's going to bug me for days). I like board games. 

I understand we're all in different stages of life and have our own unique personalities and needs, And I am open to any opinion you have and I completely respect that. I am just trying to find a way to fit in somewhere, and I have no idea what I am. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and perhaps getting to know some of you better. Feel free to share your experiences, insights, or even your own journey in seeking friendship. 

Warm regards,

Mark1289

Parents
  • I'm not exactly social, well that's not true, I am but my way of being social differs from most people's which is why I try not to be social because I never fit in.

Your music taste is very good - I love Queen and Abba.. Have you heard any of David Bowie's music? If not give him a try, I feel he is one of the best singer songwriters I've ever heard.

I also enjoy long walks and listening to music. Music is the one thing that I can always turn to, there's a song for every moment of my day.

I hope you'll make some connections here it's a good community.

• i adore david bowie! personally i also really love pink floyd, legendary stuff man. also love some clasic thrash like metallica or iron maiden (especially ride the lightning aka the blue album)

• Bowie was one of a kind. I like pink floyd, I have their dark side of the moon album. 

Reply Children
  • I have seem Moonage Daydream, I liked it, even though others find it boring. I personally couldn't relate to him, but some how his story was really sympathetic. 

• I love Bowie too.  I've always been drawn to him and not sure why.  Not sure if anyone has seen Moonage Daydream on Netflix - but some of the way's in which he described how he feels towards others / his own sense of self did make me wonder if me might have some kind of autistic traits also.